▍The development history of UN38.3 indomestic
In 2003, United Nations accepted the demand proposed by UnitedStates Department of Transportation（USDOT）about thetests and criteria of lithium battery safety transportation; Afterwards, UNofficially added lithium battery products to Recommendation on the Transport ofDangerous Goods Manual of Tests and Criteria Fifth Revised Edition Amendment38.3
In 2005, Business Rules and Regulations Department from Air ChinaCargo (ACC) initially issued the Operational Regulations for the Transportationof Rechargeable Lithium Batteries as Non-dangerous goods (Temporary)，which wasnot only considered as the operational regulations for lithium batteries’ airtransportation to AAC but also as the first chapter about lithium batteryUN38.3 in domestic.
In 2006, the Flight Standards Department of Civil AviationAdministration of China (CAAC) took the lead and called up all regionaladministration bureaus, air transportation companies, airport companies,Capital Airport Group, Tibet Bureau, Safety and Technology Center, Colleges forManagement Cadres to hold the first training meeting about lithium battery airtransportation for China Aviation System in Beijing.
In 2007, CAAC started granting domestic recognition to theaccreditation bodies for dangerous goods transportation including lithiumbattery products.
In 2008, Shanghai Research Institute of Chemical Industry (SRICI)set up the one and only UN38.3 accreditation body in Guangzhou------MCM.
In 2012, The Second Research Instituteof CAAC dangerous goods identification (SRI DGI) was established, which isspecialized in condition technical appraisal for air transport of dangerousgoods and technical advisory services.
On March 1, 2016, Regulation on theTransport of Dangerous Goods by Air (CCAR-276-R1) has been carried out. CAACauthorize each airline to arrecdite certification bodies.
In 2014, MCM is accredited by Air ChinaCargo Co., Ltd.
In December, 2016, MCM cooperate withthe dangerous goods testing center of The Second Research Institute of CAAC,providing lithium battery UN38.3 testing and certification services for theglobal clients.
1. UN38.3 test report 2. 1.2mdrop test report (if applicable) 3. Certificationof transportation 4. MSDS(if applicable)
1. Altitudesimulation 2. Thermaltest 3. Vibration 4. Shock 5. Externalshortcircuit 6. Impact/Crush
7. Overcharge 8. Forceddischarge 9. 1.2mdrop test report
Remark: T1-T5 is tested by the same samplesin order.
Label name Calss-9 Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods Cargo Aircraft Only CargoAircraft Only Lithium Label picture
Calss-9 Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods
Cargo Aircraft Only
CargoAircraft Only Lithium
▍MCM Advantages in certificates of airtransportation
● MCM provide the UN 38.3 report andcertificate of air transportation which is acceptable globally including AirChina, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Shanghai airports,Guangzhou airports , Beijing airports, etc.
● Software technical support: Abundanttechnical support: MCM’s founder Mr. Mark Miao is one of the first experts whoparticipated in drafting Un38.3 transportation solution for CAAC (CivilAviation Administration of China). He created and successfully run the earliestbattery testing lab with the most scale and influence. Besides, Mr. Mark Miaois more a founder of designing and manufacturing for battery safety testingequipment in domestic. Till now, lots of test equipment from domestic batterytesting lab is designed by him. As a technical representative in China batterytesting industry, Mr. Mark Miao makes a tremendous contribution to thedevelopment of Chinese battery testing industry by creating and researching forthis industry.
● Hardware technical support: MCM testinglabs is in Guangzhou, Guiyang, Suzhou and Changsha and the professional batterytesting base area is more than 20,000 ㎡。Totally over 50,000UN38.3 test reports have been issued for the clients globally.
● Customized service of UN38.3 : MCM isthe only one test organization who can issue reports and certificates that helpour clients to deliver their goods from Shanghai airport and non-shanghaiairport. These two solutions can meet different demands of pricing, lead time,required samples. In a word, MCM enjoys the exceptional advantage to provideclients with the most appropriate and outstanding service on batterytransportation.